Sunday, April 18, 2010

2nd week of internship was over

Most of my time in 2nd week was spending on Customer Database rearrangement. In the early stage, I was very unsatisfied with my assistant manager gave me this task without due date, because I thought that I can't learn any new things from such database. I needed to use 6 files and 4 data in microsoft-excel to refer in order to complete thousand of customer database rearrangement. Until yesterday, I had done almost 70%. After doing this task, I found that I can recognise most of the motor type that devided by SWL (safe working load)from 100kg up to 60,000kg. I think this is the major purpose of the assistance manager. Beside that, I can knew that Excellift is a not only a SMI (Small-medium Industry) because it has expend its business to oversea, such as Dubai, Australia, China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Burnei. From the data, Gamuda-MMC JV had order a few of cranes from the Excellift to complete their SMART Tunnel Project. It had a lots of orders from the international company, for example Technip, ALSTOM, Petronas Metanol Factory, Sime Darby Engineering, Shell and many more.

The portal crane behind the senior manager of SMART Tunnel builder (source from Nasional Geograhpy video)



A- shape Portal Crane



Beside that, I also can know more product from the data, such as

Gantry Crane



Jib Cranes



U-Shaped Monorail Crane



Underhung Brige Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment