Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The starting in Excellift Company

A New Start of Internship on 1st-3rd DAY

1st day - In the early morning, a UNITEN mechanical engineering student and me, a electrical engineering student met our site engineering manager,Eric and he took us to look around the office and factory environment. Then, we had been introducing ourselves to all colleagues that need to work together in the future. After that, a senior mechanical engineer gave us a few set of manual about the introduction, opration and mantainace and British Standard specification (BSS) of the crane system. The most important part for me to know and study is BSS for power driven overhead travelling cranes, semi-goliath and goliath cranes for general use. For those electrical section, the specification of BSS electrical installation of crane that cover:-

1. Earthing
2. Power Distribution
3. Control equipment
4. Resistor ratings
5. Motors for crane motion drives
6. Brake system
7. Power supplies for auxiliary
8. Heaters
9. Radio interference
10. Cable and conductors
11. Fault current protection

I had study some of these specifications in my course's subject of Electrical Installation and IEE wiring regulations.

The pictures below show the type of the crane I had read and learn in 1st day,

(STAHL crane system is Excellift principal product and long time business partner)

1. Single Girder/ monorail Crane (2 Type):
-Suspension
-Top Running



2. Double Girder Top Running Crane





3. Hoist type



4. Crane Components



5. Explosion proof advantage



2nd day- I follow a senior mechanical engineer go to the warehouse's testing room to meet a customer, TECHNIP Company. TECHNIP sends an engineer to here to investigate and make a survey on the hoist product that it had buy. This purpose is to make sure these 10 hoists that can lift 3 ton loads and make sure that allow overload by +10%.
After my lunch with the customer, I meet my electrical department manager to get a new study on elctrical circuit design. It is very difficult for me to understand even though that is only 1 type (but in 8 pages) because it is more complicated than the circuit that I had study in Uniten.

3rd day- I require explaination on the crane operation circuit from my manager. Then a senior ask me go to OLD KLANG ROAD to collect two "steel plates" that is rushing for use in factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment